Hollywood goes Pallywood
Miral Palestine Oil the producer defended (on CNN, March 30, 2011) the Palestinian propaganda movie after being asked about the criticism that it portrays Israeli forces as the villain and not telling the Israeli side of the story as well, The producer responded the weirdest answer I have ever heard: “this is a Palestinian story, when Martin Scorcese makes a film about an Italian gangster he doesn’t tell the story of a Jewish gangster.” What an “apples & oranges” answer. Of course Martin Scorsese won’t tell an unrelated story about an Irish or Chinese mafia in an Italian gangster film. But his “Palestinian” movie is an anti-Israel directly (attack) related propaganda.
On a professional basis. This is the first time I hear that a movie producer doesn’t have to study the “entire” story.
Then again. When it comes to bashing Israel. No holds bars. There are no rules.
Moreover. This is NOT a “Palestinian” story, it’s an anti-Israel story. Unless you are telling me they’re one in the same, which I agree when it comes to Pallywood industry.
Some questions for the [Jewish Hollywood Co. in service of anti-Zionism] Weinsten Company:
1) If you are unbiased. Why did you choose to tell the “Palestinian” story before the Israeli story?
2) Couldn’t you tell the “suffering” of a “Palestinian” family connecting it to the guilty Arab leadership who always had a vesting ["victim-hood" propaganda] interest in keeping the Arab-Palestinians in shambles?
3) When are you planning to tell the IDF story? the story of an Israeli soldier who is so demonized. While he sacrifices his life in going door to door often getting into booby traps [I even know of stories where IDF personnel knocking on doors were greeted by common Arab-Palestinian women with hot burning oil on their faces], on the look out for terrorists and weapons. The humane soldier that feels for the unarmed Arab civilians much more than “brethren” Arabs do.
4) How about a dramatic story of a typical heroic Israeli policeman dismantling bombs laid by Arabs.
5) How about Israeli hospitals, the free treatment humane Israel gives to Arab-Palestinians who are injured… while they start (as always) the hostilities).
6) How about genuine chronology? If Hollywood is to narrate the Israeli-Arab conflict aught it not start off with the 1929 Hebron massacre [of non-political, pure pious Jews] where local Arabs, and Egyptian Arab immigrants in Palestine shouted “slaughter the Jews,” slit Jewish babies’ throats, and castrated old men?
7) Are you fascinated with 1948? Why, then, have you not made a movie about an Israeli family? Here’s a scenario: A Jewish family that just escaped the Holocaust and a child is missing [died] because of the of Jerusalem, Mufti [highest ranking Islam figure] of Palestine’s intervention against rescue (as he did, especially in causing thousands of Romanian Jewish babies to parish). Later on, this family is harassed in Hebron (or Safed, or Jerusalem) by Arab immigrants from southern Syria (now called “Palestinians”), show the hatred against Jews in a typical racist Arab family as they listen to Mullahs’ sermons on official TV. Show the justification for targeting babies in main street “normal” Arab Palestine.
Show something real and truthful.
Sci-Fi w/o the Sci… In Hollywood terminology. This film is at best: “biased” fiction without the “science."